Alpona Series-001-Mandala Style


The ideation of this mandala-style alpona started from a photo I saw on Facebook of an old dilapidated terracotta mosque. The star formation of the motif immediately caught my eye. 




I made several sketches to practice that shape. Then I took those sketches over to Procreate to tighten up the sketches. It is there, after a lot of trial and error, I came up with the ornamental elements that will compose the alpona. 



After that, I again sketched the final alpona in my A4 Sketchbook. the sketchbook being A4, I was having difficulty creating the finer details. So I came up with the idea of creating the inner round mandala in a separate sheet. After finishing the inking, I scanned the two parts and put the two parts together in Photoshop. Then I colored the final alpona digitally.







 

All Images and content are the property of ©Sweta Roy Choudhury & respective owners, unless otherwise stated by the artist. Do not share, reproduce or modify without permission.